We are Julia Flynn, Joan Mills and Lucy Barnett, a team of Doula UK Recognised Doulas and antenatal teachers, working together to provide Doula support throughout your pregnancy, birth and in those precious days afterwards.
We have found that shared care works for families who would like to take advantage of the complementary skills and experiences two Doulas can offer, but for the same price as hiring one. As a collective, we also offer extra services to help support you during your pregnancy and afterwards in the important post-partum weeks. Wise Hippo hypno-birthing programme, pregnancy reflexology, calming massage, breastfeeding support, and post-natal support are offered by members of the team.
We have responded to the current circumstances swiftly and with a package to suit a number of budgets. Please visit our pages to see how we can help.
Having a team of experienced birth workers supporting you throughout your pregnancy can increase your confidence and help you to find a more composed frame of mind leading up to your birth. We support birth partners with ideas and tips so that they can be your coach, advocate and friend.
Our Birth Package includes:
- We will be on-call from 10 days before your due-date to the day your baby is born.
- Available 24 hours a day during this period.
- You will be provided with a clear schedule of which Doula will be on call for you and during this period you can contact either of us anytime for support.
- When you feel the first signs of labour, you will contact the ‘on-call’ Doula.
- Your Doula will then provide birth support for you and your partner.
- Your Doula will stay until your baby is feeding and you are happy for her to leave.
- Your Doula will provide support by phone or text in the early days with your newborn.
- Your Doula will visit you a few days after your birth to talk about your experiences and provide further support and sign-posting if required.
Where do we cover?
We cover areas of Herts, Bedfordshire, Bucks and North West London supporting births at home but also in the Birthing Centres and Consultant-led Units in the following hospitals:
Watford General Hospital
The Lister Hospital
Luton and Dunstable Hospital
Royal Free Hospital
University College Hospital
Queen Charlottes Hospital
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
The Portland Hospital