As Doulas, we will accompany you through the process of preparing for birth and one of us will support you during labour, birth and bonding.
We draw on our knowledge and experience to provide you with emotional support and physical comfort measures. If the need arises we can help you communicate with your midwife and medical care givers to ensure that you have all the information you need to make informed decisions during pregnancy, labour, bonding and early parenting.
We provide a continuous friendly face and you can always messsage us for support or further information.
Listed below is what is included in our Birth support:
- We offer 2 antenatal sessions, each 2 hours long in person or zoom. These sessions are evidence-based and tailored to your needs.
- A Whatsapp Group for the four of us (you, your partner and two doulas) to keep in touch about day-to-day issues that may arise.
- A copy of St Albans Doulas Evidence-Based Care e-book with links to articles which can help you to make informed decisions.
- A library with over 40 books for you to borrow during your pregnancy.
- We go on call from 10 days before your due date up until you have your baby, we are on-call 24/7 so we are ready for you at a time when you need it. This means that our phones are on day and night.
- As soon as you start labouring, we are there for you reminding you of all the comfort measures and techniques we talked about in the antenatal sessions.
- We can offer guidance if you are asked to make decisions that you don’t fully understand.
- 1 Postnatal session to debrief and signpost if needed in the comfort of your home or virtually if more suitable.
Please contact us for more information on our prices and packages.